1. Do you sell to the public or just the trade?

Yes, we sell to the general public as well as to the trade.

2. Do you deliver and what with?

Yes, we do deliver, using a Semi Trailer and unloading with the use of an All-Terrain Forklift.

3. Where do you deliver?

We deliver to the greater metropolitan Adelaide area, as well as regional South Australia, call our office on 08 8387 9227 for details.

4. Can we pick up sleepers and steel from Outback Sleepers Australia at Lonsdale SA?

Yes, you can pick up from our premises at 17 Lindsay Road Lonsdale SA.

5. When do I require Engineering?

Any wall that is over 1m needs engineering and council approval, as does any wall with a large load within 75% of the distance of the wall height (i.e. Building of shed) or if placing a fence on the sleeper wall.

6. How high can the sleeper wall be built?

Our sleepers are engineered for walls up to 4m high, you will require engineering and council approval, and some specialised sleepers to build walls above 1m in height. Your engineer will then provide you the information regarding steel sizes and lengths, as well as sleeper strengths.

7. Can the sleepers be cut?

Yes, we can cut sleepers to measure.

8. How are your step kits sold?

They are sold per layer and can be built up to 1.2m high.

9. What if I want a 2m high step kit?

You can purchase 2 x 5 high set kits (1m high each) to continue the steps, you will also need another tread for the continuation of the next step kit. Please call our office on 08 8387 9227 for details.

10. Do I need steel for the steps?

Yes you will need steel channel in the front of a step kit although it is not necessary for the back of the step kit.

11. What can we use to fill a gap under a fence?

Use an UFP (Under fence plinth) these come in standard 200mm and 100mm high (crib) and can be placed between the 50x50 post of a good neighbour fence, and no higher than 2 UFP's (400mm).

12. What is a UB or I beam or H beam and C channel for?

The C channel is for the start and finish of the wall and/or corners. The UB or I beam or H beam is for the continuation of the sleeper wall.

13. What length does the steel need to be for up to 1m high wall?

Whatever is out of the ground must be in the ground. (e.g. 800 high wall must have 800mm steel in the ground as well therefore the steel must be 1.6m) minimum of 600 into the ground. Unless otherwise stated by engineering.

14. Whats the difference between primed and galvanised steel?

Primed will have rust kill paint and can be painted any colour you wish. Galvanised steel is hot dip galvanised, and is not suited to painting.


Add to Quote